Saturday, April 18, 2009

Too Much Time on my Hands

Well I only work three 12 hour shifts now and my four days off right now I am really studying my anatomy, or relax but in a few weeks I will have not much to do. This is gonna be so nice to have more time on my hands. I am going to try to take my little Kamalani for walks an night since I am not much of a morning person. I like working on the tele floor in the hospital, on my first day it was nice to hear from a patient that we nurses and assistants are so nice and friendly, he asked if there was a class that we had to go to. I told him no that we just love our jobs. Banner has their CNA's do bladder volume index ultrasounds so that was a little fun to learn that machine since it is new to me. We as CNA's also have to check blood glucose levels before each meal, and I had a patient tell me that i was just checking how sweet he is, that was so cute I will have to use that line again. I have only worked one full day on the floor and truly ENJOYED my whole experience. I learned how to hook up the tele monitors to the patients, and did that all by myself by the end of the day. It is really kinda crazy to have 4 days off in a row almost like a mini vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on learning new stuff at your job. I am glad that you enjoy it.

Nadine said...

I'm glad you are having fun and enjoying your new job.